Paschal Bernard Baute, Ed.D., DABPS, DACFE
Psychologist License, Kentucky State Board of Psychology
Fellow, American College of Forensic Examiners
Diplomate, American Board of Psychological Specialties
Member, Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychologists
Consultant in organizational psychology, with special skills in personnel selection, team-building, executive mentoring, management, leadership training, sales performance, strategic planning, and workplace problems.
Selected Areas of Accomplishments
- Coordinator, Human Resource Management program, School for Career Development, Midway College, Midway, KY.
- Teaching college courses in Ethics, World Religion, Philosophy and Business Education as Adjunct Faculty, Midway College, Midway, KY.
- Leading workshops that build bridges between psychology, welliness and the Wisdom Traditions, various places including retreats for Ohio Psychologists.
- Developing Storytelling as a bridge builder and world changer for various audiences, professional and lay, using drumming and harmonica. (see appropriate blogs via Writings page)
- Teaching and training in Wellness, Spirituality for Aging, Celtic Spirituality, etc. Leading and administering a program of change using volunteers in a correctional setting, incorporating some 18 years of Correctional experience. (See blog, Fierce Landscape).
- Interfaith activities, many years in Lexington and Central Kentucky, including a wedding ministry to some 50 couples each year.
- Personnel selection from entry to executive level, including police, fire and bus drivers--both hiring, retention and promotion.
- Ongoing consultation with a national firm on leadership selection and development and training.
- Coaching/mentoring of managers and executives for peak performance. Consultant on organizational effectiveness, group dynamics, leadership and team-building.
- Selection and training of top management and sales personnel; provide software for in-house use.
- Market software and video based training for in-house corporate use.
- Training in specific workshops for managers and staff in conflict resolution, coping with difficult people, as well as training in behavioral types for better teamwork and communication, including MFS DISC and Training House programs.
- Lead management and executive retreats.
- Number of publications and handouts for human relations training: 200.
- Forensic examiner and expert witness, Daubert standards, in personnel issues and workplace problems, American College of Forensic Examiners.
- Organized and led several community task forces. (see below)
- Established local ADA compliant norms for safety and security (police, fire and public school bus drivers) personnel for six different screening profiles.
- Beta research team member for three national test publishers.
- Design problem simulations in Confrontation and Conflict Resolution for local needs.
- Established Institute for organizational training and consultation in 1973.
- Helped develop one of the first national computer scored personality tests, namely Behaviordyne versions of MMPI and CPI in 1968-70.
- Integrate psychological concepts with spirituality for total wellness; Lead retreats on mission, values, faith at work and spirituality.
- Serve as expert witness under Daubert in professional use of assessment procedures and other employment issues. His paper "Is Your Expert Witnessing Ready for a Daubert Challenge" has been published in three issues of The Forensic Examiner. See links to Expert Witness on Home Page.
- Independent practice of psychology, 1970-1997 individual psychotherapy, group therapy, hypnosis, general clinical, marital, and addiction counseling.
- Teaching U.K. psychology department, part-time, 300-500 level.
- Clinical consulting, treatment programs, VA hospital; adult and & juvenile offenders, Federal prison: therapeutic communities.
- Training and supervision of marital therapists; also training of psychology students in various modalities including group therapy. Note: I have ceased all counseling and clinical work in 1997 in order to work full time as an organizational psychologist.
- Military Chaplain/Clinical psychologist, U. S. Navy Reserve; 11 years total military service: active and reserve, enlisted and commissioned.
- Administrative Clinical director of several treatment programs: alcoholism, marital, family and pastoral as psychologist at Comp. Care Centers, Lexington.
- Served in many administrative positions in developing the first HMO in Lexington, such as Chair of Personnel Committee, and the last as Chairman of the Board; Chaired a task force that rewrote Code of Conduct for Fayette Public Schools 1978-80 still being used; created the first interfaith group in Lexington: the Lexington Association of Religious Communities which met regularly and shared joint undertakings in inner city.
- Dean of Student Affairs & Dean of Men, St. Leo College, Fla., also coached sports and introduced soccer to the state of Florida. Coached sports including high school football and college soccer.
- Earned Ed.D. in psychology and marital and family therapy at University of Pennsylvania; NIMH Fellowship; University Scholarship
- Earned M.A. in psychology, Loyola University, Chicago
- Earned A.B. cum laude, University of Notre Dame; also B.S. from St. Benedict's College, and theological degree at St. Leo Seminary & ordained Roman Catholic priest.
- Ask for additional pages. These are currently marketed in a "Complete Counselor Tool Kit, a complete set of tools for trainers, HRD and Personnel Managers, Therapists, EAP and Pastoral Counselors." Catalog available, total about 200.
- Co-founder & facilitator of Spiritual Growth Network, interfaith, 1989 - present, offering a variety of regular opportunities, now in its 16th year.
- Founded & chaired task force that rewrote Code of Conduct for Fayette County Public Schools (still used) 1976-1980.
- Founding member of first HMO in Lexington, several executive board positions, last as Chairman of the Board, 1972-77.
- Organized first interfaith group, L.A.R.C., in Lexington, 1967-70.
- Twice a candidate for public office: School Board and Urban Council
- Chairman, Pack 188 Boy Scouts, Winchester, KY 1986-87.
- Co-facilitator of Many Faces of Spirit interfaith celebration, Lexington. 1996-1999
Memberships and Honors
- Diplomate in Psychological Assessment, Evaluation and Testing of the American Board of Psychological Specialties;
- Diplomate in Organizational Psychology; Public Safety and Security Screening, American College of Forensic Examiners.
- American Psychologist Association, Division 14, Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology;
- Past-president of Tri-State Group Psychotherapy Assn. (Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana);
- Past-President Bluegrass Hypnosis Society,
- Ohio Psychological Association.
- Also consulting groups: ASTD, SHMR, local chapters.
- Married, three children and three grandchildren
Leisure Activities, Etc.
- Ski regularly with wife, family and friends;
- Sports competition in Masters swimming and Nastar downhill slalom skiing.
- Co-facilitator of the Spiritual Growth Network of Kentucky.
- Currently writing two books:
- The Secret Lions that Sabotage Teaming in Organizations, and
- On the interface between wellness, psychology and theology and spirituality.